Wednesday, January 2, 2013

employ/admit/accept/like me....please?


I've been fairly preoccupied with applications lately--mostly for graduate school, but also for work. Point is, I'm distributing my C.V. to anyone who'll look at it. Including you! (Mideast posts to resume shortly, inshallah.)

--- --- --- ------ --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

B.S., School of Life, 2012
GPA: Not so hot
Test Scores: Smart enough
Rec Letters: I think I can get a prof to like my facebook status?

Work Experience:
Swim Coach. 6 years of progressively less-wet employment. (I don’t get in the water anymore.)
-          Convinced small child to put his face in the pool
-          Dealt with crying people—male and female, ages 5 to 20-something
-          Successfully maintained relationships with feuding families.

Babysitter. Twice.
-          Equated years of supervised play with brother to “babysitting experience”
-          Stole crackers and peanut butter from the cupboard while the kids slept

Volunteer/Leadership:
Sister. 20 years.
-          Communicate regularly with the only technology-adverse teen on the planet
-          Share things
-          Forge alliance against parents, often to procure goods, such as ice cream.

Friend. Off and on.
-          Belatedly reply to emails

Languages:
Nerd, mother tongue.
Northern California Slang, professionally proficient (see: Swim Coach).
Sarcasm, beginner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello friends, family and computer robots! Leave a message and I'll read it. If it's not spam, I'll make it visible to all.